Thursday, 14 January 2016

More Than Words Jan Main Challenge: 'Selfie & Personality'

I'm very excited for the launch of the new challenge blog called More Than Words. Their very first challenge comprises of the word challenge "PERSONALITY', and the creative challenge is to use a 'SELFIE'.



I hardly ever take selfies just of myself (but I do with the hubby and kids), and I certainly don't scrap them so this was a big challenge for me. Having said that I do consciously try to be in photos rather than always being the photographer.

Here is my layout-








My title "Don't Worry, Be Happy" I think is a great reflection of my personality. I am a pretty cool, calm and collected person, and working in live television production for the past 15 years you have to be able to be calm under pressure.


I also think I'm definitely an eternal optimist, and I try to not get too stressed and worry too much. 



My background  of my layout is made up of some Kaisercraft "Spearmint" acrylic paint smeared on a sheet of Kaisercraft "A Touch Of Gold-Sheen" paper. I really like the little affirmations printed on this design, some things I need reminding myself of!



I have clustered some Green Tara and Kaisercraft flowers along with some Imaginarium Designs chipboard circles and some wood veneer from Heidi Swapp, Crate Paper and Shimelle. I have also scattered some tiny, raw Imaginarium Designs chipboard hearts.


The little wood veneer Studio Calico banner which reads "Work Hard and Be Nice" is also a reflection of my personality, and something I definitely strive for everyday.



8 comments:

  1. Awesome take on our challenge Rachel. Superb layout and I love the aqua on the black background too, very dramatic. Love your selfie and so happy to have you join in our challenge at More Than Words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did an awesome job with this challenge!!!! I love your page! So creative! Love the embellishments and background work! All the best from More Than Words! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is gorgeous Rachel! I love the bg paper and the swipe of paint over the top! Thanks for playing along with us at our very first More Than Words challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful background Rachel! Thank you for playing along with us at More Than Words!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous page Rach.... So glad you took the challenge & thanks for joining us over @ More Than Words....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful! Thanks for playing along with us. MTW - KareenBH

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous layout - love that dark background and all those bright colours you used!!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at More Than Words!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty background Rachel! Love it! Thank you for playing along with us at More than Words!

    ReplyDelete