Tuesday, 25 April 2017

Scrap The Girls April challenge

I really love the mood board for this month's challenge at Scrap The Girls. Being a beach lover this mood board really spoke to me.


I decided to create an art journal page inspired by this mood board so I could add layers and layers of colour. I have a brand new Dina Wakley Media Journal that I was itching to get started in, so I decided to make the very first page a kind of 'title' page as my own motivational piece! 

So here is the final project. I'm so happy with how it turned out.



And a closer look at each side-


So I mentioned layers of colour, here's how my page came together.

I started with some Tim Holtz tissue paper, then added some acrylic paint and sprays.

Next was to add some white gesso, more paint and sprays. Once that layer was dry I added some stamping, some washi and some drips. 

Next was another layer of stamping, paint and sprays. Then for some texture - Colour Paste through different stencils and more Lindy's sprays.



Then it was on with some corrugated card, washi, my photo, some die-cut butterflies and some word stickers.
I added some more Colour Paste and paint to blend it all together.




Products used:

Dina Wakly Media Journal
Dina Wakley Media Tape
Dina Wakley 'Ocean' Heavy Body acrylic paint
Ranger Archival Ink
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Tissue Wrap, harlequin stencil, Twisted Citron Distress Ink
Dylusions Calypso Teal acrylic paint
Colour Blast Colour Paste - Snow White, Envy, Deep Water
Colour Blast Coffee Colour Spray
Kaisercraft alpha stickers, butterfly stamps, brick stamp, butterfly die, glitter paper, Antique Gold Kaiser Mist, Metallic Silver Kaiser Colour acrylic paint
Fabrica Decoru stencil
Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays - Tilt-a-Wheel Teal and Merci Beaucoup Mint
Liquitex Gloss Gel
Micador metallic paints

(phew!)




5 comments:

  1. Wow! That's a really beautiful art journal page with a lots of mixed media! Thanks to playing with us at Scrap The Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness. This is absolutely awesome and I love that you have used your journal. Thanks for playing along again with us at STG xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great art journal!!! I love it! Thanks for joining us at Scrap The Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that's amazing love your art journal page. Thanks for joining in with us at STG :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning work, just gorgeous! Well done! Thanks for playing along with Scrap The Girls

    ReplyDelete