Monday, 21 August 2017

Scrapbook Boutique August Moodboard challenge

Today I am playing along with the mood board 
challenge at Scrapbook Boutique-



This colour palette reminds me of a popular gender- neutral 
baby nursery colour palette, 
so I made a card for a friend who is expecting soon-


I coloured some white cardstock with Tim Holtz Hickory Smoke 
Distress Ink, then applied 'Sunshine' Colour Blast Colour Paste 
through a star stencil. 
Then once they were dry I outlined the stars 
with a fine-tip pen to highlight them.
I added some ink detail around the edges 
with Invilde Bolme white chalk ink.



I used a Kaisercraft stamp for my sentiment 
with the white chalk ink. 
I used a DIY star from Charm's Creations, and coloured it with 'Saffron' Colour Blast Colour Spray, Hickory Smoke Distress Ink, and added highlights with a fine-tip pen.

6 comments:

  1. HOW GORGEOUS! I have just discovered colour blast and great idea to outline the stars, really making hem pop! Thanks for joining in and sharing with us at Scrapbook Boutique

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Rachel. What a great idea for a card!
    Thank you for joining in at Scrapbook Boutique.
    Louise xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your dedication in outlining those stars - but so worthwhile! A lovely choice for a new baby and the puffy star is gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Scrapbook Boutique this month:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great texture and stylish colours...I hadn't heard of colour blast...now I am off to google it, such a good effect. Dixx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The outlining of the stars is a great look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, these are perfect colours for a baby card and yours is so wonderful Rachel! So glad you could share with us at Scrapbook Boutique!

    ReplyDelete