Monday, 6 November 2017

More Than Words November challenge

I absolutely LOVE this months challenge at More Than Words


Wood grain is definitely my most favourite design element to scrap with, I love the textures and the outdoorsy/ beachy feel to it. 
And I have 2 energetic boys that love exploring, so I have plenty of outdoors photos to scrap. 

So here is the page I made with this challenge in mind.


I have used a piece of Blue Fern Studio Wanderlust - 'Pacific Coast' paper. I liked the blue tint of the wood grain pattern, but it was quite 'beachy', being from a coastal collection, so I 'dirtied' it up a bit with some brown ink.  

I created a mixed media background using Colour Blast Colour Shimmer Dusts and watercolour Colour Shimmer Cubes. 
I recreated the rocks in the photo by using Colour Blast Colour Paste 
through a Fabrika Decoru stencil.

My chipboard title is from Dusty Attic, and I coloured that with inks. I also added some Dusty Attic chipboard viewfinders, but kept them raw to add to the outdoors theme.
I coloured an Imaginarium Designs fern chipboard piece with Colour Blast Colour Shimmer Dust in 'Lush' that I had used in the background. I added some muslin under my photo. I coloured this with Colour Blast 'Peacock' Colour  Shimmer Spray.


I added a flair from Flutterby Designs, flowers, string and some resin flowers from D-Lish Scraps.  I also added a Tim Holtz word sticker and the branding strip from the Blue Fern paper.
 

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful work. Thank you for joining us at More than Words ❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Rachel! All those little details and great clustering make for a fabulous page. Thanks so much for joining us at More Than Words again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very beautiful! Perfect photo for our word and gorgeous woodgrain pattern! So happy you could play along with us at More Than Words!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's such a beautiful layout and great take on our challenge! Thank you so much for joining us at More Than Words Challenge!

    ReplyDelete